A year ago I shared advice from my social media class, 4 weeks into blogging about how to succeed at blogging. I am back, this time with advice from new bloggers 6 weeks into their new passion!
I think that bloggers six weeks into the craft have an interesting perspective: they have tried a variety of approaches but blogging is still new to them.
Some of the suggestions mirror a year ago; others are new. Here is advice from the 32 students in SMM 388-01:
- Try not to be too formal – a grammatical version of your spoken voice may be ideal.
- Get more PERSONAL in the posts.
- Use personal pictures.
- Use video!
- Sweat the details: grammar, look, small paragraphs, good pictures.
- Spend time on TITLES.
- Benchmark other bloggers.
- Draw a picture within your writing.
- Choose your illustration before you finish writing
On Sharing Content
- Tag your WordPress posts; use #hashtags on your Twitter and Instagram promotion.
- Don’t be afraid to use in-person word of mouth promotion – tell your friends to read your blog!
- Repurpose content whenever possible. You can blog on Linkedin.
On Getting help or support for blogging
- Collaborate with other bloggers.
- Find a mentor who is a great blogger.
- Reach out to other new bloggers. Form a support group.
- Pay attention to feedback and activity – evolve!
- Get to know the influencers in your niche.
What is missing from this collection? What would YOU add?
good content…I enjoyed it.